Monday, 26 December 2016

Pregnancy: How I found out


Everyone has a story of how they found out they were pregnant. It's usually when they see
those two small lines or a ‘pregnant’ appearing in the little window. It’s usually accompanied with tears of happiness and then maybe the twist of nervousness in the stomach, at the up and coming months of uncertainty.

In my case it happened on the sixth of February 2016, at half past five in the morning as I was getting ready for work. I took a test out of curiosity because the week before my breasts had become engorged and very tender but no period came. When the cross appeared in the little window, I sat there with my hand over my mouth in shock for a few minutes, my eyes streaming with tears and unable to speak. Once I had gained composure I went back into the bedroom where my boyfriend was asleep and babbled incoherently that he needed to wake up (He later told me that he thought someone had died).

Looking back I wish I had not told him straight away and I had come up with some extravagant plan to tell him he was going to be a father for the first time. Maybe a pair of little booties in a cardboard box or a 'I love Daddy' baby grow. Nevertheless the moment of seeing that little plus sign in the window will always be burned into my brain as the moment my life changed forever (I did take a digital test afterwards... just to make double sure).

 


The next few weeks were full of excitement; telling our families, looking in Mothercare and thinking of baby names.

Then it turned to shit... The dreaded Morning sickness arrived.


No comments:

Post a Comment