Thursday, 29 December 2016

Pregnancy: Twenty Week Scan


The big twenty week scan, the scan that lets you know if everything is developing properly and sometimes what gender the baby is.

From the photograph at the twelve week scan I really thought that we were having a boy, I was so convinced that I was going to have a son. Then, the night before my second scan I changed my mind, I was laying in bed with both hands on my little bump (I looked bloated from week 18) and I suddenly thought no,  I'm going to have a daughter.

The next day I was nervous but not as worried as I was for my first scan. First thing I noticed was how much bigger the little peanut was, second thing I noticed was a little heartbeat thumping away. Once she had checked all of Peanut's organs and whatnot she asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby, we said yes and she told us... It's a girl. My boyfriend and I both welled up and smiled to each other.. It's a girl, we're going to have a daughter.

That evening we went to each others parents houses and told them the news, we hadn't thought of a name yet but later in the week we had decided on one (My boyfriends suggestion) and from that moment Peanut became baby A.

No comments:

Post a Comment